Regional Manager, Francophone Africa
Location: Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Cameroon, Niger, France
Start date: September 1 2020
Pula is an agricultural insurance and technology company that designs and delivers innovative agricultural insurance and digital products to help smallholder farmers endure climate risks, improve their farming practices, and bolster their incomes over time. We are experts in insurance product design and delivery; farmer sensitization and training; digital extension services and project monitoring and evaluation. We have reached over 3.4mllion farmers with our insurance and digital products across 11 countries in Africa and Asia.
We are looking for a superstar business leader who will build our Francophone Africa business that is only in the very early stages of development. The candidate will be able to extend our initial market research, select the focus countries and customers and develop business with the target customers.
- Market Research. Pula has already done extensive research on suitable countries for the Pula business in Francophone Africa. The candidate will carry out further research that will enable Pula to make better informed decisions around where to focus our business development efforts
- Business Development: As our first full-time employee in Francophone Africa, the candidate will approach target customers, quality opportunities and close business with governments, credit providers and agribusiness prospects prospects in the focus countries
Your strengths and experience:
- Strong market research skills in country evaluation, market sizing, sector analysis etc.
- Strong business development skills
- Ability to develop strategy and execute
- Experience in the agriculture and/or insurance sectors is a significant advantage
Critical requirements for the role (Must-Haves)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in selling to the Agriculture ministry/office in the government or to government agricultural agencies.
- Experience: 6+ years Experience in liasoning with at least 2 Francophone governments (Cote d’Ivoire, Niger, Senegal or Cameroon,).
- Experience working in the agriculture sector.
- Excellent communication skills in English French.
Preferred requirements (Nice to Haves):
- Strong market research and business development skills.
- Knowledge of Portugese
Candidate attribute (Culture Fit):
- High-level of ownership and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Agile and explorative by nature.