Regional Manager, Latin America
Start date: Nov 1 2020
Pula is an agricultural insurance and technology company that designs and delivers innovative agricultural insurance and digital products to help smallholder farmers endure climate risks, improve their farming practices, and bolster their incomes over time. We are experts in insurance product design and delivery; farmer sensitization and training; digital extension services and project monitoring and evaluation. We have reached over 3.4mllion farmers with our insurance and digital products across 11 countries in Africa and Asia.
We are looking for a superstar business leader who will build our Latin American business that is only in the very early stages of development. The candidate will be able to extend our initial market research, select the focus countries and customers and develop business with the target customers.
- Business Development: As our first full-time employee in Latin America, the candidate will approach target customers, quality opportunities and close business with governments, credit providers and agribusiness prospects prospects in the focus countries
- Market Research. Pula has done basic research on suitable opportunities for the Pula business in Latin America. The candidate will carry out further research that will enable Pula to make better informed decisions around where to focus our business development efforts
Your strengths and experience:
- Strong business development skills
- Strong market research skills in country evaluation, market sizing, sector analysis etc.
- Ability to develop strategy and execute
- Experience in the agriculture and/or insurance sectors
- Minimum 4 years of experience in selling to the Agriculture ministry/office in the government or to government agricultural agencies.
- 6+ years experience in selling into at least 3 of these Latin American countries (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru )
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish. Knowledge of Portugese is a significant advantage
Candidate attribute (Culture Fit):
- High-level of ownership and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Agile and explorative by nature.