We work in 13 countries across Africa and Asia, and in 2020, we facilitated crop insurance cover to over 4.7 million farmers across Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Tanzania, and Malawi. Since raising our Series A our operations have expanded globally including now Asia and Latin America.
Pula is fast-paced, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges. We are a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, we are:
- We are customer obsessed and for us it's not done until it's done. Pula’s insurance protects those who feed the world, and we are obsessed with delivering value to smallholder farmers as we build the systems that protect them against catastrophic risks together with global insurers, businesses and international NGOs.
- We have each other’s back: we recognize that building real sustainable businesses for agriculture in Africa are rare, and we have each other's back as we build this new Africa.
- We are groundbreaking: In most countries where we work, agriculture insurance has never been done before and so as we have to stretch the limits of what’s possible, bringing agricultural insurance to places where it has never been before.
- We make it happen: We execute at a high level, even in complex circumstances and with tight seasonal deadlines, with the goal of building a sustainable and profitable enterprise
We have been funded by venture capital investors (TLCom, Women’s World Banking, African Risk Capacity, Omidyar Network, ACCION, MercyCorps) and global NGOs (African Development Bank, MasterCard Foundation, CGAP/World Bank as well as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation).
As operations lead, you will be at the forefront of this effort at country level.
Operations Lead- Turkey
Every year, Pula runs a series of operational activities including farmer sensitization campaigns, training of clients and Crop Cut Experiments (a survey designed to measure the yield of different crops). The operations lead will be responsible for overseeing and executing all the operational activities within the country.
The contract will be minimum of 6 Months, with possibilities of extension if required, and based on high quality, honest, and reliable performance.
- The ideal candidate learns quickly, is resourceful and has experience managing teams and running a field project
- Prepare comprehensive field budgets, track expenses and conduct an expense analysis for all operational activities
- Training of external stakeholders (including clients from the private and public sector) and internal operations team members
- Recruit, select, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Identify good performers, and transparently and honestly reports on non-performing staff
- Handling and resolving customer complaints from farmers and stakeholders as needed
- Work on coordinating any instructions that must go to the field, or instructions for call-based surveys.
- Working on Commcare surveys.
- Data collection and data management: that is, refining the study design and survey instruments, overseeing and monitoring data collection exercises using the Business Intelligence dashboard and assisting with data quality queries.
- Manage relationships with different project stakeholders and vendors
- Help to go to the field to diagnose issues when required
- Ability to work with people of different backgrounds including finance, data assurance, field teams.
- Serve as the company representative for regulatory issues
- Liaising with clients and external stakeholders as required.
- Assisting in product launches when required
- Help with internal data audits when required
- Any other duties as requested by management
- A BSc degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, a degree in Business/project management related field.
- Experience with (2 years) and proven skills in working with clients, project teams, farmers, field teams and agro dealers.
- Experience in data collection and data management.
- Skills to interact with clients, farmers, field teams and agro dealers.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Intermediate Excel skills is an added advantage
Some more expectations.:
Our team is deeply field based. We hire from the areas that we are working, rather than focusing on hiring only from capital cities or major metropolitan areas.
The individuals best suited for these positions are those who are comfortable speaking in relevant local languages and moving around rural areas.
Everyone needs to be able to work “on the go”: staff are expected to call into conference calls multiple times a week, and to submit communications on email and other mediums throughout the week. While it is difficult to keep a phone and other devices charged while working in rural areas, the best employees plan their movements well enough to ensure being in contact at the right times.