Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Engagement: Full time
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in over 14 countries across Africa and Asia, and by 2020, we had facilitated crop insurance cover to over 4.7 million farmers across Kenya, India, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Tanzania, and Malawi. Since raising our Series A our operations have expanded globally including now Asia and Latin America.
Pula is fast-paced, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges. We are a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, we:
- Obsessed with results: We are responsible for our future and therefore we get things done!
- Connect the Dots: We continuously identify different customer needs & business problems and build solutions that deliver value.
- Have a Can do Attitude! We dare to do things differently to make things work.
- We have each others’ back: We look out for each other & we share high quality, timely feedback that makes us better.
About the Role
Your job is to make the most of the Executive Office’s time and effort. You will manage the schedule, helping to decide priorities and making sure things happen. With a thorough understanding of what we’re trying to accomplish, you’ll plan and manage complex trips to interesting places in a way that anticipates needs and furthers the mission. You’ll be part of conversations with a wide range of social entrepreneurs, funders, thinkers, and doers of various stripes who meet and collaborate with the Executive Office. Your main mission is to meet the needs of the Special Projects Associate, but sometimes you’ll work with others on the team to help pull together and coordinate various events and side projects.
What you will be doing:
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Provide admin support to the Special Projects Office
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in regulatory and statutory compliance, ensure licenses applied for and renewed on time
- Assist in board/Investor documents compilations and other activities
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Manage expense retiring for executive office
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Assist in managing running projects e.g. System Implementations, entity set ups and other mid to long term projects
- Provide support for company activities and events
- Manage short term projects e.g. clean up and filing of company documents on drive
Who you are:
- You are a mature professional with outstanding organizational and time management skills, you are very organized and obsessed with details
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills both for internal purposes on behalf of the executive office and in representing the company externally
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- You have a exceptional work ethic and also able to anticipate needs and adjust plans on the fly
- You are habitually and instinctively helpful and you are able to make others feel comfortable
- Hard to rattle and ready to laugh
- You are a self- starter, able to work well without supervision
- You are a problem solver, someone you can hand off a job to and know that it will be taken to completion
- You are enthused about an active support role
What you need to have to be successful:
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Business or any related field
- At Least 5 years experience
- Advanced skills in MS Office, Google Suite, Teleconferencing tools (Must have)
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars)
- PA diploma or certification is a plus
To learn more about Pula:
- TED Talk: Crop Insurance, an Idea Worth Seeding
- New York Times: He Grew up on a Farm. Now, He Helps Protect Them
- The Economist: The Poor, Who Most Need Insurance, Are Least Likely to Have It