Position : Senior Regional Manager
Location : Brazil
Preferred start date : As soon as possible
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in 14 countries across Africa and Asia, and in 2019, we facilitated crop insurance cover to over
- million farmers across Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia and Malawi.
Pula is fast-paced, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges. We are a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, we are:
- Customer Obsessed: Pula’s insurance protects those who feed the world, and we are obsessed with delivering value to smallholder farmers as we build the systems that protect them against catastrophic risks together with global insurers, businesses and international NGOs.
- Groundbreaking: We stretch the limits of what’s possible, bringing agricultural insurance to places where it has never been before.
- Warriors in the trenches together: we recognize that building real sustainable businesses for agriculture in Africa are rare, and so we have to have each others back as we build this new Africa.
- Make it happen: We execute at a high level, even in complex circumstances and with tight seasonal deadlines, with the goal of building a sustainable and profitable enterprise
We have been funded by venture capital investors (Omidyar Network, ACCION, MercyCorps) and global NGOs (MasterCard Foundation, CGAP/World Bank as well as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation).
Senior Regional Manager Role
Pula is seeking experienced, motivated and energetic personnel to fill in a Vacant position of A Senior Regional Manager to be based in Brazil. The Regional Manager will be in charge of field project operations and provide overall management of the Call centre under the Supervision of the Operations Lead. This is a challenging role and requires a results-oriented person withPositive attitude, Excellent organization and Communication Skills. and The candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
FIELD MANAGEMENT (50%)
- Participate in weekly calls
- Regular communication and reporting to the supervisor using phone and WhatsApp.
- Submit daily and weekly KPIs where requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Organize logistics for data collection as needed
- Write content for any stakeholders including progress reports
- Data Collection and Supervision
- Provide feedback to the supervisor on observations made during the pre-testing of tools.
- Conduct field visits to supervise data collection
- Collect farmer field data using mobile phones or tablets
- Report any field findings and learnings to Ops Lead
- Conduct data analysis to identify patterns and trends that can inform decision making and strategy
CALL CENTRE MANAGEMENT 50%
- Support a team of 3 to 5 or More Support desk agents
- Hire, train, coach and motivate support desk agents to provide high quality customer service.
- Build relationships with staff and Clients
- Creating budgets and tracking expenses
- Set targets for the support desk agents and make sure that action plans are completed.
- Proactively identifying and resolving problems
- Performance management (create performance assessment metrics
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING;
- Strong background in Agriculture with 3- 5 years working experience
- A bachelor or science or masters degree in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration
- Flexible to travel up to 60% of the time
- Experience with working in data -rich settings with high analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills--both in person and when using remote methods
- Excellent Multitasking, time management and leadership skills
- Proficient with MS Office and Statistical Analysis Packages
- Experience with Customer Service.
- Prior experience with managerial Position
- Strong problem solving-ability and analytical skills