Position : Call Centre Coordinator
Location : Uganda
Preferred start date : As soon as possible
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the
previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in 14 countries across Africa and Asia, and in 2019, we facilitated crop insurance
cover to over million farmers across Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia,
Ethiopia and Malawi.
Pula is fast-paced, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges. We are a
high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and
At Pula, we are:
1. Customer Obsessed: Pula’s insurance protects those who feed the world, and we are
obsessed with delivering value to smallholder farmers as we build the systems that
protect them against catastrophic risks together with global insurers, businesses and
2. Groundbreaking: We stretch the limits of what’s possible, bringing agricultural
insurance to places where it has never been before.
3. Warriors in the trenches together: we recognize that building real sustainable
businesses for agriculture in Africa are rare, and so we have to have each other's back
as we build this new Africa.
4. Make it happen: We execute at a high level, even in complex circumstances and with
tight seasonal deadlines, with the goal of building a sustainable and profitable
We have been funded by venture capital investors (Omidyar Network, ACCION, MercyCorps)
and global NGOs (MasterCard Foundation, CGAP/World Bank as well as the Bill and Melinda
Call Centre Coordinator Role
Pula is seeking experienced, motivated and energetic personnel to fill in a Vacant position of
A Call Centre Coordinator to be based in Uganda. This is a challenging role and requires a
results-oriented person with Positive attitude, Excellent organization and Communication
Skills. and The candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
The contract will be 3 Months, with possibilities of extension if required.
● Participate in Weekly Calls with HQ and provide timely updates and priorities
● Log and respond to requests for project assistance as per designated Standard Operating
Procedures ( SOPs).
● Document and close issues on the ticketing system as appropriate and as per SOPs.
● Advise field staff on appropriate action, as per SOPs.
● Log all help desk interactions appropriately, as per SOPs.
● Follow up in designated timeframes to open tickets, as per SOPS.
● Redirect problems to correct resource, when necessary
● Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
● Inform management of recurring problems
● Stay current with system information regarding project work
● Enter data as needed on crop cut management system
● Inform field staff of new information coming from managers or updates to instructions
from managers as needed
● Write new content into the ticketing system or other systems as required.Create and
continually improve call centre scripts, FAQ lists and escalation procedures
● Creating call center budgets and tracking expenses
● Support desk performance management.
● Other duties may be assigned based on success of the above.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING;
● Diploma in any Field, a degree will be an added advantage.
● Excellent communication skills-- Verbal and written.
● Ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and
● Experience with working in data -rich settings with high analytical skills
● Prior experience with managerial Position
● Strong problem solving-ability and analytical skills.
● Fluent spoken and written Karamojong Language is a MUST!
TO apply: send your detailed cover letter and C.V to: email@example.com before 30Th
August 2021. Indicate “ Help desk support staff-Uganda” in the subject line .
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work
being performed by the Pula help desk support staff.The statements are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to
amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that
Pula will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
Your application was submitted successfully.